This Christmas 2006


Merry Christmas to everyone! We don't have a white Christmas, no snow, but only dark clouds, and a snowy rain announced. We really don't mind the cold, and still miss the warm Southwest :-)

This Christmas I asked my friends to not exchange any gifts.
--- reason was that I decided to not buy my friends gifts since they do have what they need, and my gifts would mostly be only extra junk... so, since I am the President of AAUW SIUE branch I decided to give the gifts for those in need. We had this December a great project "Fill a wish" (if you click on the AAUW link you can see our project details) for Oasis Women Center in Alton, IL. I thought my money on gifts would have a better place and would be better used. :-) I thought that approximately as much I would spend only on buying gifts (more to go for the mailing) so I did buy needed gifts for those in real need. I think I did a good job! :-)

Some of my friends agreed some did not (Ingrid specially asked me to not do that since she is single also and her Dad is not a good gift giver so she might end up having no gifts for Christmas, so, Ingrid got gifts :-)). But other friends sent me gifts anyhow. God, how I really enjoyed these ones!!! unexpected gifts, those are the true ones! THANKS! (I am still a child) .... I think I should have told them the entire story not only asking them to not exchange gifts. But I think next Christmas I will repeat the same and ask them also to instead sending me gifts to make a donation to a charity of their choice.
Gifts sending in two corners of the country Tucson, AZ and towards Buffalo, NY meant last year only the mailing was around 160$ (way too much and the money can have a better use). Many are in real need. I hope they will have a Merry Christmas too!

Merry Christmas everybody!