Siva's Graduation


Here a very proud Sivakalyan (Siva) - my former graduate assistant - who graduated today!
Because of traffic I had to go from Taylor's agility fun day directly to the graduation ceremony since I was afraid that I will miss it if I spend one hour going home to drop Taylor and come back to school.

I considered very important to be there no matter if I am not in dressed up clothes.
I know I was so happy to have there at my graduation Sha and her Mom from California, Carol my good friend from Eugene, Oregon, and Ingrid.
It is not easy for us internationals to celebrate our successes far away from our family and close friends.
I cheered for Siva, and was so proud of him for his graduation. Siva already has a job, which is even better!

CONGRATULATIONS SIVA!!!!




After we took pictures I asked if they want to go to a restaurant or they choose to come to my house and we can cook a good home made dinner. The choice in total agreement was to go home :-) So, we did go home and everyone chipped in to cook a great dinner and we enjoyed Siva's successful accomplishment.
Sunita's turn is in the Spring! Another party then. Now I was so glad to be able to open my house for my friends. It means so much to me and I think they were also happy, it is not easy to have our big events far from our families.
I am glad I could be part of this joyful moment! ...and great food :-)