John Lennon face















It was last December for the School of Education Christmas party when from a joke with a very interesting and famous painter - Dennis DeToye - my picture was taken. Just joking I told him that he should paint my face since he might never have the chance again to paint someone from Transylvania. Dennis DeToye painted my portrait, and graciously gave it to me as a gift. Now finally it is hanging on the wall of my living room. What is interesting is that everyone who sees it asks me if I love so much John Lennon to have his portrait painted for me :-) This is not the first time I am told that my face resembles John Lennon's (which is an extraordinary honor !). When I was in high school I had exactly these round glasses as John Lennon and very short hair, just like him. When we had our pictures taken the photographer mentioned that I might be his relative, and everyone who saw that picture they saw the resemblance (I had the shortest hair among all graduates, including boys!).

So, I will not tell anyone that the portrait is actually mine, it is John Lennon! :-)