Happy Mother's Day!

My Dad never remembers special celebration days (birthdays, anniversary, Mother's Day). I had to always remind him to get something for Mom for the special days. Now I am like my Dad. Even if TV and radio reminded me every day about Mother's Day I still forgot! I have a couple of "foster Moms" to remember for Mother's Day: in AZ, CA, and NY. I did remember Sha, and it was because we talked recently and she told me that for Mother's Day they are at a JRT trial and extended with vacation. I also remembered my Mom (even if there Mother's Day last Sunday, always on the first Sunday of May). But I forgot to remember in time my other foster Moms... Called them today and mailed cards today... of course they will not get there but only next week. In the rush and fever of my research and getting all ready for Monday's start of Summer classes I did not realize that times goes by so fast and that I need to mail cards a week sooner. As with Vince's birthday a couple of weeks ago now I was late with greeting all my Moms :-)

My real Mom is a wonderful person, she will never be called a saint, but I believe she is one. Loving, patient, helpful, forgiving, gracious, giving, generous with her time, money, life, and heart. I never met another person like my Mom. She has an extra sense, a special gift from God. She knows how to comfort and listen, how to encourage and help in time of need. She knows people, and can see what will be in the future. She is a wise person. I don't know anyone who prays like Mom and who believes in God as strong as she does, even if she is not a church going person she believes more than any regular clergy. When she prays she means it! We used to laugh and say that Mom is more Catholic than a bishop. She loved and respected John Paul II, even if she is not a Catholic (she belongs to the Reformed church). When I was soul searching and courted the thought of becoming a nun my Mom never said to not do it, she was never against it. She said what she usually tells me when I face a tough decision: "if you feel that this is what makes you happy, go for it."

My Mom is a saint, unknown, and she is now 66 years old. I cannot imagine life without her. I hope I will not have to! I know she loves me so much she would not die before me, just to spare me of the terrible pain. But that is in God's hands... I rejoyce in having her now!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!
Happy Mother's Day to all my Moms!