War - do you support them?

My friend Jo Ann wanted to celebrate in a special way my 45th birthday and gave a delicious dinner the other night. Sandy and Jerry with Snikers, Larry with Garry, along with Taylor and I were invited.
Larry (Jo Ann's son) is a columnist for Edwardsville Journal, and when you have a news person in the group inevitable the discussions will take a different turn. So instead of our regular fun and games, and goofing off the discussions turned to politics, global warming, and of course... the war in Iraq.

Is it good or bad, are you pro or against the fact that US Army is in Iraq?
In general everyone was against in a way or other, even came up the comment that US shouldn't have go there in the first place!

I did not get on the floor my comment till the very end when I felt I have to stand up for those who die out there. We cannot be against the war or support the army but be against what they do. They, those men and women, are the army, they are the war.

I am against violence of all kind and hate war, but I really support the US troops with all my heart.
I know it is bad, I know many died and will more... I know this war is so much about politics and religion. That the Shia and Sunnis are fighting, and from that many of Iraqi and many from world wide troops die. I know it is bad.... but I remember all my childhood and especially when the communist regime started to be worse and worse, how in my family and some of our friends' as well; we were listening to the Voice of America, and Europe Free radio stations and were hoping in the bottom of our hearts that one day the Americans will come to free us. That was the dream of my grandparents and many of the old ones who died under the communist regime.
I think there are among those in Iraq and Afghanistan who have the same hopes.

I know it is death, destruction, and lot of pain there. But I really hope and believe that the war will bring the democracy, freedom, and hope to the people there. I hope one day they will live in peace and that women will have equal rights to men in schooling and work.

Now the only thing is to let them do their own peace and democracy. Otherwise all good deed will turn and look like the Soviets in Hungary....

I believe that all those who died and those who fight do it for the better good.
I really pray that they are safe and am proud for each courageous woman and men who gives her or his life for the FREEDOM in this world.

May God bless them all and keep them safe!