AERA @ San Francisco

















Last long weekend (April 7-11) I was at AERA conference in San Francisco.
I am glad I visited San Francisco in 2003 because at this time around I did not have time to go visit anything. I really enjoyed AERA. At times is so frustrating that I could not be in three places at once :-) So many good (or at least appealing titles) presentations to go to. Then one time it turned out to not be what I was expecting, but to go from one place to the other would take me 15 minutes so I would loose from both... Just stay there and hope the next person will have a better presentation.
I've met new people, learned much, and was tired of running between persentations:-)

Most of all in this trip I realized how much I missed the big city. I forgot how beautiful can be in the crowd, with streets one walks, cars that stop at a jam, horns, bands singing at corners, the feeling of running life, and alive city. I am here in the corn fields... Of course I wanted to be in a quiet place, rural area, to have far away neighbors... I think I was tired after graduation and job search! Definitely!
I miss the big city, the opportunities to go to museums, meetings, programs, movies, parks...
I never thought I will miss the city, but I do!