Fall semester 2006




















From Summer school into Fall semester with a 24 hour vacation :-)

Sarah my friend from New York, she is a faculty at Hunter college, arrived last Friday and I drove her up to Springfield to visit her Mom (Sarah grew up in Springfield). Saturday morning we visited Lincoln Museum, the old State Capitol, and the historic street with Lincoln's house.

Monday August 21st, 2006 Fall semester started with full power.
This semester I teach Cognition to graduate students. I modified the syllabus and it seems pretty dense, but is more flexible and dynamic. Group discussions, article critique, blackboard postings, workshops, flyer, and final project. In all tasks my students can choose the topic. So, there is no more assigned topic, is all choice based. Technology is still a big part and I still use the blog posting as a mean of final project presentation. If nothing else they will have one more skill to use (or forget about!). I know I scared them, but if they work hard they will do good.

I am myself a student taking CS140- Computing I, and I will learn C++. It seems much harder than my EPFR515 class. I'll see how I manage and complete all my assignments: 3 courses to teach, 1 course to take, 3 current projects to work at, and service in AAUW, member in Program Evaluation, added department and core meetings, along with publishing.
Hey I have a full life, 24/7!

I know I can do it! I even take care of my sanity and take Taylor to agility classes and myself one hour per week to riding classes :-)
Life is full.
Life is good!