Fun

One of the New Year's resolutions (that I never had the courage even to list) is to have some fun in my life. I was really glad when I was told that in the Art building every Friday in the afternoon for two hours are drawing sessions. Drawing is something I did not do since 10th grade high school (I was at Fine Arts). I might go once to see how it is.
Also on the faculty listserv I noticed language classes. Along with the French conversational hour I participated last semester a couple of times, on Friday also, there is a Japanese intro course (something that I always wanted). My big surprise was that I forgot French almost completely. I was not able to tell who am I and what I do at SIUE! Cannot believe this, 10 years ago I was better in French than English. Use it or loose it! Oh, it is so true!

My choice is the Japanese course. For one hour every week I will learn how to say hello and ask a glass of water! I might never need to use it. I might loose it.... Not likely I will ever go to Japan, but it is something only for me! Perhaps is life wisdom, or I might be at the age when I think I don't have as much left ahead then is left behind...

Fun things in life are like batteries that recharge and give you more energy to be more productive. One thing I discovered in my life is that I loose the time anyhow when I am tired. I procrastinate if I have too much free time, and end up working late nights to accomplish a deadline anyhow. So, then better use some fun time in my schedule, and then I have the obligation to recuperate the time "lost" in having fun!

I'll let you know what I learn next week after my first Japanese class.