Perseverance

This week I found out one of the reasons why so many give up as soon as January on their New Year's Resolution for exercising...
Finally this week (since next week is already end of January!) I decided to go to swim. I went to the SIUE Y just to find out that the night before the pool pump collapsed and... A new pump will come but no sooner than February 3rd, 2006!
I was so disappointed, ready to give up for "bad luck" but then on my way to my car I remembered my Middle School Math teacher.
Our math teacher was a tough and very demanding teacher and we were very afraid of him. His motto was "Perseverance in the key to success." He taught me that when I don't get the correct result to a math problem to not give up but try harder, "A mistake is a reason to try harder." He taught me to search in my notes and book, ask for help, and try to solve the problem again. He pushed me till I really loved and was good at geometry (my favorite math topic :-)).

Remembering him I told myself that the "dead pump" means nothing but that I have to find another pool till this one is back in function. I tell myself that this is a challenge to keep my promise of 1 swim/week! And just because the SIUE pool is not in use that does not mean that I can blame bad luck and give up on my goal.

I checked the YMCA schedule when the pool is available to the public, and will go next week when I don't have school in the morning.
Perseverance is the key to success, and to keep any resolution!