Reading 6




God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; 
male and female He created them.
Genesis 1: 27

So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; 
then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 
The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, 
and brought her to the man.
Genesis 2:21

I was 10 years of age in the summer when I attended Bible school to get my first communion. I remember the priest telling us the story of Genesis. I also remember being confused about the story and thought that, or the priest does not know how people are born, or the one who wrote the book of Genesis did not. Either way it was not correct.
Today I would only say that the one who did write that book was a sexist. I do not think God being such a selfish one or not paying attention to what s/he did. Since all animals had a male and female, did God plan for the human to self-reproduce? Not likely! Did God create the first human for personal companionship? Only if God felt too lonely, which is not the case if we think God is self-sufficient. So, logically God must have thought that humans need to be female and male. And why did not create first the female? Might be God did!
But, by the time the one writing the book of Genesis, that society could not even imagine that women have any primacy in the human race. Do we have it yet? Not likely. 
So bad. Might be the entire history of humanity would have been different if Eve would be the first created. Hey, not talking about the latest news that Jesus was married to a woman! So what?!
I am sure God is much smarter and open minded that we human in this entire history of ours since the Big Bang. Oh, wait, there was no big bang. 
Whatever was and how it did happen in the end is a matter of faith. 
It would really be so lonely to be alone in this world/and I mean World with all stars and constellations.
And I believe we are not alone!